doctorDB Rewards - Terms and Conditions
doctorDB Rewards - Terms and Conditions
doctorDB™ is a digital healthcare platform ("Healthcare Platform") that is owned and operated by Angstrohm Technologies Sdn. Bhd. ("Angstrohm" or "we"), a company registered in Malaysia. doctorDB operates its services through the Web site located at www.doctordb.com ("Web site") or through the mobile application that is available on various mobile platforms such as iOS and Android ("App").
doctorDB Rewards is a program intended to reward all doctorDB's subscribers.
Terms and Conditions
The following provisions form the basis of the doctorDB Rewards Program. These provisions are intended to protect you (the members of doctorDB Rewards), Angstrohm, participating partners of the doctorDB Rewards Program and Angstrohm's affiliate companies. Your participation in the program will be governed by these provisions, and it is your responsibility to read and understand all of them.
By joining doctorDB's Rewards Program, transacting points, or utilizing any aspect of the program, you agree to be bound by these guidelines. These program rules cannot be superseded or changed, except in writing from
1. doctorDB Rewards membership and its benefits are offered at the discretion of doctorDB, and doctorDB has the right to terminate the Program or to change the Program rules, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or rewards levels, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of the Rewards Points already accumulated. doctorDB may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify or cancel any Members Only Special Offer; increase the points levels required for any redemption; modify or regulate the transferability of Rewards Points or benefits; add an unlimited number of blackout dates; or limit the number of redemptions and special offers available. doctorDB Rewards Members, in accumulating Rewards Points, may not rely upon the continued availability of a Special Offer or reward level, and members may not be able to obtain all Special Offers offered or use Rewards Points on all purchases. To earn Rewards Points, members must sign in by entering a valid username and password.
2. Participation in the doctorDB Rewards Program (the "Program") is subject to any terms and conditions, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures ("Program Rules") that doctorDB may, at its discretion, adopt from time to time. doctorDB has the sole right to interpret and apply the Program Rules. Any failure to follow Program Rules, any abuse of Program privileges, any conduct detrimental to the interests of doctorDB, or any misrepresentation of any information furnished to doctorDB or its affiliates by any member, or anyone else acting on the member's behalf, may result in the termination of his or her membership, the cancellation of accrued points, rewards or benefits, or both.
3. doctorDB reserves the right to audit any and all doctorDB Rewards accounts at any time for compliance with the Program Rules, without notice to the Program member. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or possible violations, the processing of award redemption requests may be delayed pending completion of the audit.
4. Each member shall be responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to the Program Rules and the amount of Rewards Points in his or her account. doctorDB shall attempt to advise active members of various matters of interest through such means as may be appropriate, such as account summaries, newsletters and its Web site/App, but doctorDB shall have no liability for any failure to do so.
5. The accumulation of Rewards Points and the redemption of those points are subject to specific Program Rules enacted by doctorDB. Each member is responsible for reading those materials in order to understand his or her rights and responsibilities under the Program. No points, benefits, rewards earned or granted under the Program may be transferred or assigned.
6. The doctorDB Rewards Program is maintained for the benefit and participation of individual members only. Only individuals are eligible for doctorDB Rewards membership.
Only the member named on the account will be entitled access to personal account information.
7. ACCRUED REWARDS POINTS DO NOT CONSTITUTE PROPERTY OF A MEMBER AND HAVE NO VALUE OUTSIDE OF THE PROGRAM. REWARDS POINTS ARE CREDITS THAT doctorDB MAY REVOKE AT ANY TIME AS SET FORTH HEREIN. REWARDS POINTS MAY BE NOT EXCHANGED FOR CASH, ASSIGNED, BARTERED, OR TRANSFERRED, EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN, AND ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE UPON DEATH, AS PART OF A DOMESTIC RELATIONS MATTER, OR OTHERWISE BY OPERATION OF LAW.
9. doctorDB reserves the right to discontinue the membership of any Member who uses the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or any federal, state, provincial, territorial or local laws, statutes, by-laws, guidelines, or ordinances. Discontinued membership may result in the loss of all earned Rewards Points, benefits, and privileges. In addition to discontinuance of Program membership, doctorDB shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
10. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Program may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, doctorDB reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. doctorDB's failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that, or any other, provision.
11. All questions or disputes regarding an individual's eligibility for the Program, the earning, use, or conversion of Rewards Points, or a Member's compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by doctorDB in its sole discretion.
12. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
13. These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the Laws of Malaysia irrespective of where the application for Membership has been completed by the Member or submitted to doctorDB. In any action or other legal process with respect to any matter or thing in connection with these Terms and Conditions or Membership the Member submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Malaysia.
Prohibition of Sale or Barter
14. The sale or barter of any such Rewards Points, awards or benefits other than by doctorDB is expressly prohibited. Any Rewards Points, awards or benefits transferred, assigned or sold in violation of the Program Rules, in addition to exposing the member to the penalties otherwise associated with violations, may be confiscated or cancelled.
15. Any member who fails at any time to engage in account activity for a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive months is subject to termination of his or her membership and forfeiture of all accrued Rewards Points.
16. "Account activity," for purposes of these Rules, shall be deemed to occur when a member earns Rewards Points in his or her account in any manner set forth in these Rules, or as otherwise approved by doctorDB, or when the member redeems any doctorDB Rewards or partner award by the use of Rewards Points in the member's account.
Rewards Points Accrual
17. Only members of doctorDB Rewards are eligible to earn Rewards Points in the Program by availing themselves of the means of accrual recognized under the Program. A member may not earn Rewards Points for the utilization of services, whether through purchases or otherwise, by any other person, animal, object, or entity.
18. Currently, Rewards Points can be earned in a number of ways on the Web site/App. Click here for information on earning Reward Points. doctorDB expressly reserves the right to establish additional means of earning Rewards Points, to delete any or all of the means currently recognized, or to exclude specific types of transactions from the accumulation of Rewards Points. To earn Rewards Points by making a purchase, members must sign in by entering a valid username and password.
19. Rewards Points can be earned only for purchases actually performed by the member after the member's official enrolment date, and can be applied only to the member's account. Rewards Points earned for a completed purchase will be credited to the members account. Rewards Points will not be awarded if the purchase has been subsequently cancelled or if a refund is sought. If Reward Points have already been awarded for a purchase that has been subsequently cancelled or if a refund is sought, these Reward Points will be debited from the members account.
20. If doctorDB or any doctorDB Rewards partner improperly denies a member an accrual or benefit, liability will be limited to the equivalent of that accrual or benefit.
21. doctorDB reserves the right to make bonus points and promotional offers selectively available to certain members at any time, based on purchase history and Account Activity, geographic locations, program participation, or other factors determined at doctorDB's sole discretion.
22. doctorDB will, in most cases, credit its members' accounts with earned Rewards Points. However, each member shall have the responsibility to ensure that his or her Rewards Points are properly credited. Where a member contends that Rewards Points have been earned but not credited, or in cases where doctorDB deems verification is required, doctorDB reserves the right to require proof of accrual from the member, including but not limited to copies of receipts or similar documentation verifying any transaction claimed to have been performed. Any claims for Rewards Points by the member and proof of accrual must be received by doctorDB within twelve months after the date such Rewards Points were claimed to be earned.
Rewards Points Expiration
23. Rewards points accrued in a member's account shall be maintained in the account until they are redeemed for an award or until they expire, whichever occurs first.
24. Rewards points expire TWO (2) years from the date of earning them. Expiring points that are not redeemed within TWO (2) years from the date of earning them are void and deleted from accounts. Accounts in which Rewards Point accrual ceases for a full 2-year period are designated as dormant and doctorDB reserves the right to close the account after the expiration of any remaining Rewards Points.
In cases where Rewards Points are, for any reason, removed from an account, as for the redemption of awards, and later returned, the return of the Rewards Points to the account shall not count as account activity
25. The awards available to be redeemed and the amount of Rewards Points necessary to redeem each award will be set by doctorDB and published to the members. doctorDB shall establish the process for award redemption, but redemption shall basically mean the exchange of Rewards Points in a member's account for a specified award.
26. Points redeemed when purchasing a non-refundable purchase will not be returned in case of cancellation.
27. Rewards Points earned in two or more different accounts may not be combined to redeem any award.
28. The award structure is subject to modification, cancellation or limitation at doctorDB's discretion, with or without notice. The amount of Rewards Points required to redeem any award may be substantially increased, any award may be withdrawn, and restrictions on any award or its redemption may be imposed at any time. The accumulation of Rewards Points does not entitle Program members to any vested rights with respect to any awards or the Program. Awards shall be valid only on participating Partner Programs in the doctorDB Rewards Program as determined by doctorDB. Participating Partners will clearly display the doctorDB Rewards logo and the process will clearly show if doctorDB Rewards Points are able to be redeemed or accrued. doctorDB shall not be held liable for any changes that result in the cancellation of a participating partner from the program.
29. doctorDB will not be liable or responsible in any manner for any tax consequences which may result from a Member's participation in the Program. Each Member is solely responsible for the payment of all taxes payable and benefits acquired as a result of such Member's participation in the Program and earning, conversion, holding and/or use of Rewards Points and for all applicable filing and reporting obligations. Members should consult with their tax advisors regarding the accumulation, conversion and use of Rewards Points.
30. Partners may be added to or removed from the Program at any time with or without notice. In the event that a Partner is removed from the Program, the Member will still retain any Rewards Points remaining in the Member's Account that were earned through that Partner.